sustainable & responsible meetings
At The Doyle Collection, we take sustainability and environmental responsibility very seriously and work hard to ensure we tread as lightly as possible when hosting meetings, conferences and other business activities. In 2012, The River Lee Hotel won the 2012 Repak Recycling Best Practice Award and were nominated one of the Best 4* Hotels 2012. And that’s because...
- choose local food producers
- use low light emissions in the meeting rooms
- have installed air handling units in all meeting rooms - far more eco-friendly than air-conditioning
- have recycling waste baskets in all meeting rooms
- offer tap water instead of bottle water. If our client prefers bottled water, we recycle all glass bottles.
- ensure lights are turned off in meeting rooms when not in use
- design every meeting room to be flooded with natural light so we use less electricity
- email quotes instead of printing them
- recycle our daily information sheets to use both sides of paper
- always choose recycled paper used for photocopying etc.
- offer an electric car (ecar) charger service.