Small and beautifully formed
Cork is a small, charming city, so nothing is
ever too far from The River Lee Hotel, one of the best located
hotels in Cork city. It was the Vikings that
founded a port here, so there is no shortage of local culture to
dip into at the Cork City Museum, for example, Blackrock Castle
Observatory or St Finbarre’s Cathedral. There is a vibrant modern
cultural landscape in Cork, too, with events throughout the year in
art, cinema, music, theatre and opera. Check our listings for the
rundown on Cork’s culture. Ask the friendly and knowledgeable staff
at our luxury Cork hotel, too, for their own recommendations.
And if, after your nurturing your mind, your
body needs attention, head for the in-house luxury leisure centre
at The River Lee Hotel, or the treatment rooms in
our Urban Escape day spa, or try out what’s on offer
at one of Cork’s local centres.
Top 10 things to do in Cork for Free
- Visit The English Market
- Tour The Glucksman Gallery at Univeristy College Cork
- Visit The ancient Ogham stones at the stone corridor and The
Honan Chapel UCC.
- Cork City Museum at Fitzgerald’s Park
- Visit the Michael Collins Museum at Collins Barracks Cork
- Explore the Crawford Art Gallery
- Christchurch – South Main Street Cork
- Caroline Fort – Barrack Street Cork
- Cork Vision Centre – North Main Street Cork
- Enjoy a walk through Fitzgeralds Park, The Lee Fields or the
Nearby Lough Nature Reserve
Leicester Tigers visit Cork
Recently, the Leicester Tigers Rugby team stayed with us at
The River Lee Hotel. View a photograph of the
team taken outside the hotel.
Work in the local area
The Staff and management of The River Lee Hotel volunteer one a
week at the centre to help the Penny Dinners
Association. We also donate christmas dinner in December
prepared and cooked by our chef.