Tuesday, 30, August 2016
- Filed under:
- The Dupont Circle
A Political Break in Washington
In time for the presidential election
There’s been no escaping the upcoming US election, which is now well and truly in full flow. And with Washington D.C. being a city that buzzes with political energy, it’s fitting that The Dupont Circle has an exciting election break available for guests.
Slice of the City: Your Vote, Your Stayare packages with both Republican and Democrat themes, and each offer a unique bundle of experiences and perks, as well as stellar VIP treatment, giving you a taste of life as a party candidate.
You’ll look to historical leaders as you enjoy insider access to some of the famous spots loved by previous presidential favourites, as well as luxuriating in the hotel accommodation. And don’t forget access to Bar Dupont, a hotspot for the political elite in D.C.
So, what’s included?
The Republican Party Experience
- Two hand rolled cigars from W. Curtis Draper Time Tobacconist, Ulysses S. Grant’s guilty pleasure
- $150 gift card to Brooks Brothers, where Abraham Lincoln had all of his suits made
- Vouchers for Oysters and beer at Bar Dupont, honoring Abraham Lincoln’s favorite food
- A round of golf on the local course, in honor of Dwight D. Eisenhower’s favorite pastime
- Republican US President puzzles to tackle in the room
- Republican party chocolates by DC-based chocolatiers Harper Macaw
- Special selection of books, including the likes of Militant Spirit, by James Traub and Theodore Roosevelt in the Field by Michael R. Canfield
- Teddy bear the perfect cuddly souvenir, named Theodore Roosevelt
- A copy of the ‘Knute Rockne - All American’ movie, along with a bag of jelly beans - Ronald Reagan’s top choice
The Democrat Experience
- Two tickets to The Spy Museum so guests can enjoy the James Bond exhibition - John F. Kennedy was a big fan
- $150 gift card to Brooks Brothers for bright shirts and bowties, to recreate Harry S Truman’s signature look
- Lunch for two at Bar Dupont with cheeseburgers (Bill Clinton’s cheat meal) on offer
- Private VIP tour of the Verizon Center, where Barak Obama played basketball growing up, to see the Wizards’ locker room, backstage and the best views in the house
- A copy of Obama’s favorite movie, Casablanca, to take home
- Special selection of books including the likes of Team of Tivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- Democrat US President puzzles to tackle in the room
- Democratic party chocolates by DC-based chocolatiers Harper Macaw
The Slice of the City: Your Vote, Your Stay package is available from $629 + tax per night for a two- night minimum stay. You can see more at www.doylecollection.com/dupont