lundi, 14, mars 2016
Top 10 Family-Friendly Activities in London
Looking for ideas to keep the kids amused during half term school holidays? A city break to London could be just the ticket. Let us guide you through the most unforgettable child-friendly experiences around our great capital, many of which are just a stones’ throw away from our London hotels. From free actives to out-of-this-world adventures, we’ve got half term in London sewn up.
If you’re staying The Kensington…
Ideally located within walking distance of a fantastic range of child-friendly entertainment as well as sophisticated shopping and galleries for Mums and Dads, there really is something for everyone to enjoy.
© 2011 Anita Chaudhuri. All Rights Reserved.
- Hyde Park –As spring starts to blossom, half term is the perfect time to enjoy all the low cost or free activities within London’s most famous park. Monkey around in the playground, feed the ducks in the pond or take a rowing boat out on the lake. You can even take the family on a pony trek around the park with Hyde Park Stables. Find out all that Hyde Park has to offer here.
- Diana Princess of Wales Playground– Let the kids become pirates for the day! This playground is a tribute to the late Princess Diana who was a patron of several children’s charities and was a firm believer in guarding the innocence of childhood. Access to the park is free and children can enjoy the pirate ship, tepees and much more. It is also a beautiful space for parents and carers to relax.
- The Science Museum - Be blown away by the 3D IMAX version of Titan’s of the Ice Age.
- March Lates at The Natural History Museum– Just like the movie A Night at The Museum, see the museum and dinosaurs come to life after dark with this series of late events from 6pm – 10pm. Best suited for older children, for more information and tickets click here
- Harrod’s Toy Kingdom –After you’ve got all the learning and culture activities done and dusted, let their imagination run wild at Harrod’s Toy Kingdom. Expect to find a 26,000-square-foot multi-sensory department with an enchanted forest, intergalactic science lab, curious sweet emporium and toy ‘grand canyon’. What more could the little darlings want?
If you’re staying at The Marylebone…
Take a walk on the wild side! The Marylebone is a 10-minute walk from Regent’s Park which is home to the famous ZSL London Zoo.
- Regent’s Park -For kids who love the great outdoors, Regent’s ParkSigns of Springactivity is ideal for keeping them busy outdoors whilst also learning about their environment and the change of the seasons.
© 2013 Karen Roe. All Rights Reserved
- ZSL London Zoo– Let your little cubs see real life tigers, elephants, penguins and gorillas in action at The London Zoo. Older kids can also have a go at becoming Zoo Keepers for the day too.
If you’re staying at The Bloomsbury...
Let the kids be dazzled by the bright lights of the West End during a stay at The Bloomsbury.
- Theatreland– The Bloomsbury is conveniently located near Theatreland, Soho and Covent Garden; ideal for seeing family-friendly shows such as The Lion King or Matilda.
- All Star Lanes, Holborn– Take the kids back in time with a retro bowling experience at All Star Lanes, located just 6 minutes’ walk from The Bloomsbury. Complete with a classic American diner, you can take kids to play and dine at this cool London hotspot. Children can play until 6pm.
- Coram’s Fields –A rare gem in central London, Coram’s Fields is 5 acres of family fun, which includes a city farm, playground and café.
At all 3 of our London hotels during half-term school holidays children receive a welcome gift on arrival, complimentary meals for under 5’s before 7pm as well as milk and cookies at turn-down. Adjoining rooms, extra beds and even tepees are available on request. Speak to a member of the reservations team today to create the ultimate half-term city break in London for you and your family.
We’re always on the look out for family friendly activities in London. Have you tried something extraordinary? Tweet us your ideas @DoyleCollection