FARM TO TABLE
Our Chef’s have taken Cork’s food philosophy to heart - sourcing the best possible local ingredients, cooking them simply and letting the food speak for itself. A task made much easier by the hotel’s location in the culinary capital of Ireland and they thriving relationships with some of the best artisan producers in the country.
Here are a few of our favourites:
- Cork’s award-winning cheese include: Ardsallagh Goats cheese, Coolea , Gubeen, Durrus, Milleens, Hegarty's & Carrigaline Cheese. The perfect artisan crackers come handmade, courtesy of Patisserie Regale, Dunmanway, and West Cork.
- Seafood: Locally caught brown crab from Shane’s hometown, Castletownbere, comes via Shellfish De La Mer who with family-run Ballycotton Seafood delivers the very freshest fish daily including Hake, Plaice, Cod, Monkfish, Scallops.
- Duck: Is it the 100% natural diet of cereals, the fact they are hand-reared by Helena & Eugene Hickey for longer or their habitat, overlooking a beautiful West Cork bay, that gives our Skeaghanore duck its full flavour and tenderness? It is all of these together.
- Beef: When all your beef comes from Ireland’s renowned butchers, Twomeys, you know it will always be a treat. With every cut fully traceable from farm to fork, and approved by the Bord Bia Quality Assured Scheme, Macroom based Toomey’s is a guarantee of quality and flavour.
- Lamb: Purveyors of the finest, tenderest lamb to Cork’s discerning for over 35 years, O’Connell & Sons is a byword for Ireland’s tastiest, most succulent lamb and we owe them a debt of gratitude for every bite.
- Fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds and salads: Putting fine, local veg on the plates of Cork natives for nearly 90 years is no mean feat. That the Southern Fruit continues to serve only the highest quality produce, much of it sourced from local Cork growers, is down to their passion for the very best.
- Buffalo: The multi award winning Toonsbridge buffalo Mozzarella, ricotta and haoulmi from Toby at the Real Olive company.
- Ice cream: Very few could match the rich creaminess of Baldwins farmhouse Ice cream. Some flavours made exclusively for us like Lee Vanilla, or white chocolate and blueberry.