mercredi, 06, juin 2018
- Filed under:
- The River Lee
The best spot in Cork for Barbecues
Private outdoor dining in the city
Come hail, rain or shine, when it’s summer in Ireland, you just can’t beat a tasty and delicious barbecue. And in Cork City, the perfect barbecue spot can be found at The River Lee.
The Look Out is an elegant rooftop space overlooking the trees of the Bishop’s Palace, with a great view of the city. Set above the weir, this glamourous space has a cocktail nook, stylish chevron parquet flooring and a fully covered terrace, just in case the weather takes a turn.
It’s an ideal spot for any private event, be it a formal gathering or a casual occasion. There’s plenty of greenery, as well as heaters for chillier nights, so you can stay outdoors even when the temperature drops and a covering for those pesky Irish summer showers..
The Barbecue options offer a sleek variation of classic dishes, all cooked up on the grill and served with a mixed green leaf salad. Think char-grilled Hereford beef burgers beef burgers, mojito grilled West Cork chicken thighs and Miso glazed baby back ribs.
No BBQ is complete without a variety of salads, and there are some great options to choose from, including…
- Super food salad,quinoa, broccoli, beetroot, feta & pomegranate
- Pommery mustard coleslaw
- Toons Bridge Mozzarella & Heirloom tomato caprese
- Mediterranean pasta salad
- Vegan salad, kale, toasted cashew, squash, tenderstem broccoli, Seedlip botanical dressing
- Asian slaw, soy dressing
- Baby potato salad,scallion & smoked bacon
- Spicy kimchi salad
- Chicory salad, blue cheese, poached pear, candied walnut & mustard dressing
- Greek salad, Kalamata olives, feta, beef tomato
- Japanese salad, Edamame beans, wakame, ginger, mirin & sesame
- Classic Caesar salad
- Mixed bean salad, coriander & chili
If you are in the mood to impress, why not add a little something extra that will make any BBQ super special. Like…
- Twomey Black Angus sirloin steak
- Harissa grilled gambas
- O’Flynns gourmet sausages
- Spicy vegan chilli burgers
- BBQ pulled pork
- Half lobster
- Charred lamb cutlets
Wash down your deliciously charred food with a selection of refreshing summer drinks like Olivers Lemonade, made with Dingle Vodka, gooseberry soda and Pechaud’s bitters. Or why not make it extra special with a glass of Perrier-Jouët Champagne?
And of course, need something sweet to finish off the evening, and the BBQ menu has you covered, with desserts including a zesty lemon posset, Jameson chocolate mousse and a summer berry trifle.
The BBQ menu in The Lookout is available for 40 guests or more. For more information, get in touch with Mary O’Brien on 021 493 7715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.