About The Doyle Collection
At the heart of our business is a warmth of service that stems from our family ownership, imbuing our properties with the familiarity of a members club and the intimacy of a private home.
Each of our eight hotels – landmark buildings in unrivalled city locations, has its own distinct personality that is rooted in, and authentic to, its neighbourhood.
Innovation and ongoing investment ensure a boutique, cosmopolitan yet local feel – as seen in our cool destination restaurants, bars and event spaces – while our heritage lends character to our vision of informal luxury, timeless style and the very best guest experience.
DISCOVERY is about making travel unforgettable. Members of the programme receive recognition and rewards across 550 partner hotels, resorts, palaces and spas within the Global Hotel Alliance.Read more
We have lots of news to share about our hotels. View or download our latest press releases. An image library for press and for web use is also available. If you are a journalist, please contact us and we can help you with hotel visits, images and background information about the Group and each hotel.Read more
We are passionate about what we do! We love to engage with our guests and to ensure their experiences in our hotels and their neighbourhoods are unique. Do you have what it takes to join a team that is driven by our core values and to create special and memorable guest experiences?Read more
Our SME Corporate Programme is designed to support companies with limited but valued room night volume and makes doing business with us easier than ever. Join our corporate programme and benefit from our highly efficient and bespoke Corporate Online solution.Read more
Board of Directors
The board of directors of Doyle Hotels (Holdings) Limited (Doyle Collection) comprises:
Bernadette C. Gallagher (Chairman)
John J. Gallagher
Patrick King (CEO)
The company secretary is Declan Reape
corporate social responsibility
We believe that our business values and operational practice must naturally entwine with the expectations of all our stakeholders, equally including our customers, employees and our neighbourhood communities.
- Our social, economic and environmental policies are constantly evolving.
- Feedback on any aspect of our operation is always welcome, enormously valued and addressed in the most positive way. We learn from our stakeholders.
- We regularly communicate with our local communities for the mutual benefit of our guests and our neighbours.
We have a proactive programme at each hotel, which includes areas of energy conservation, waste reduction, conversion to environmentally-friendly cleaning materials and importantly – the reduction of water consumption.
An independent survey on the consumption and treatment of water within our properties has shown that we continue to reduce the volume of water used in our hotels through investment in replacement fittings that eliminate excessive water consumption. These measures include;
- the use of phosphate-free cleaning materials throughout our kitchen and house-keeping departments.
- the use of water-efficient showerheads and toilet cisterns to electronic washroom systems.
- the installation of automatic dosing systems and energy monitoring on our dish-washing equipment, concentrated detergents and biodegradable packaging.
We have also initiated a study on the potential for use of rainwater where feasible in our hotels. More news on this is to come.
As early as 1996, we commenced a group-wide programme to convert to clean technology in the form of combined heat and power systems in our hotels. This has had the effect of retaining and reusing heat which would otherwise would be lost and as a consequence, we have achieved a substantial reduction (roughly 7,000 tonnes per annum) of carbon emission.
In addition to this, all of our properties in the UK have signed up to the Hospitable Climates Programme (sponsored by the British Department of the Environment) to meet the EU targets for reduction of greenhouse gases.
In Jan 2005 we launched a programme to reduce energy consumption by 10% across the group. This programme has involved the setting up of an energy team at each of our properties and the promotion of energy awareness throughout our Hotels. It has proved a great success and we now measure and report on this programme on a monthly basis.
This initiative was recognised when Sustainable Energy Ireland awarded with the "Best Coordinated Energy Management Programme for 2006
Health and Safety
We are committed to ensuring the safety, health and welfare of our employees, customers, contractors, suppliers and anyone that may be affected by our operations and activities.
- We comply with all relevant health and safety legislation in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
- Our health and safety policies are detailed, site specific and documented. They are available to any stakeholder who wishes to view them.
- All of our employees, where reasonably practicable, receive information, instruction, training and supervision on health and safety aspects that are relevant to their day-to-day work activities.
- We welcome and encourage representations on matters of health, safety and welfare.
- We regularly consult with our employees on matters relating to health, safety and welfare