Blog (7 places to view the iconic cherry blossom trees in Washington, DC)
Thursday, 02, March 2023
- Filed under:
- The Dupont Circle
7 places to view the iconic cherry blossom trees in Washington, DC
If you’re looking to take in the stunning beauty of the cherry blossoms, here are seven of the best places to view them in Washington, DC.
- The Tidal Basin is one of the most iconic places to view the cherry blossoms. The basin is surrounded by a 3-mile path that provides a perfect spot for taking in the beauty of the cherry blossoms with various iconic landmarks in the background including the Jefferson Memorial, the MLK Memorial, the FDR Memorial and the Washington Monument.
- The National Mall and Memorial Parks are a popular destination for viewing the cherry blossoms. Take a stroll down the paths and take in the beauty of the cherry blossom trees that line the memorials including at the FDR Memorial – one of the most spectacular places to view them.
- The grounds of the U.S. Capitol are home to a variety of trees including Weeping Cherry trees and pink magnolias, as well as bright yellow forsythia bushes. The colors on display around the U.S. Capitol when the grounds are in bloom in the spring are extraordinary!
- Kenilworth Park and Aquatic Gardens features a variety of trails that provide a perfect spot to take in the beauty of the cherry blossom trees in an area less crowded with tourists.
- Hains Point is surrounded by a variety of trees in bloom, and the views of the Potomac River are stunning. Whether biking in the early morning or having a festive picnic lunch in the afternoon, Hains Point is a truly serene location to view the blossoms.
- East Potomac Park is a great place to view the cherry blossoms on foot, bike or scooter. The park features a number of trails, with cherry blossom trees lining the paths. For golf enthusiasts, East Potomac Park also features a 19-hole golf course, a driving range, and mini golf!
- The US National Arboretum features a variety of trails and gardens in which cherry blossom trees provide a stunning backdrop to the area.
Whether you’re looking for a leisurely stroll or a more active adventure, there’s no better way to take in the beauty of the cherry blossom trees in Washington, DC than by visiting one of these locations.