The purpose of this policy is to explain how information captured using CCTV is used and retained by The Doyle Collection and set out your rights in relation to such information.
Purpose of CCTV
Closed Circuit Television Systems (CCTV) are used by The Doyle Collection and are installed at our hotels in line with the requirements of the business, as set out herein, and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
The purpose of the CCTV Systems are as follows:
- Improving the safety and security of guests, visitors, employees and contractors by providing a means to investigate accidents and near misses so that risk management control measures can be implemented
- Providing reassurance to staff and guests that control measures are in place relating to their safety and security
- Providing assistance to local law enforcement authorities with reference to the investigation and prevention of crime (including counter-terrorism)
- Deterring persons from committing crimes and to enhance the opportunities for detecting those who do
- Discouraging anti-social behaviour including alcohol and drug-related crime on or about the premises
Access to CCTV Footage or Images
Access to the CCTV system and stored images is restricted to authorised Doyle Collection personnel only for the purposes set out above.
However, in appropriate circumstances, CCTV footage may be accessed:
- By local law enforcement authorities, where The Doyle Collection is required by law to assist in the carrying out of an investigation into a crime or anti-social behaviour.
- By data subjects (or their legal representatives), pursuant to an access request where the time, date and location of the recordings is furnished to the hotel.
- By individuals (or their legal representatives) subject to a court order
Retention Period and Security
The images captured by the CCTV is retained for a maximum of one month from the date of recording, except where longer storage of such images may be required to assist in any of the scenarios outlined above.
The images/recordings are stored in a secure environment with access strictly limited to those who are suitably authorised.
You have the right to request access to CCTV footage of you by sending an email to email@example.com or in writing to The Doyle Collection, 156 Pembroke Road, Dublin 4, D04 HP48, Ireland.
All requests will be dealt with in compliance with the duties and requirements imposed upon The Doyle Collection as data controllers under the GDPR.
Individuals requesting access to CCTV images may be required to supply the following to assist the data request:
- Adequate information to enable the information to be efficiently identified and located on our system
- Sufficient information to establish that the applicant has a legitimate right to request access
- Proof of identification through photographic identification, for example passport or driving license.