Rates from €219 p/n incl. VAT
Step inside Cork City Gaol, a magnificent castle-like building which once housed 19th century prisoners and take a trip back in time with our Slice of the City offer.
Wander through the wings of the Gaol, accompanied by the shuffling feet of inmates and the jingle of the warders’ keys. Explore the cells that display graffiti revealing the innermost feelings of some inmates and listen to the audio show to learn about the social history and contrasting lifestyles of 19th century Cork.
This package includes:
- Two nights accommodation in a beautifully appointed superior double room
- Full Irish breakfast each morning
- Bottle of Wine and Truffles on arrival
- Passes to Cork City Gaol, including an audio tour
- Complimentary car parking
- Complimentary access to NRG fitness centre (on site)
Terms & Conditions:
- 2 night minimum stay
- Rate is inclusive of tax
- Package is subject to availability
- Cancellation can be made without penalty up until 4pm on the day prior to arrival
- Persons must be over 18 years to consume alcohol
About The River Lee
Set on a picturesque bend in the river, just a short walk from Cork city centre, The River Lee hotel occupies a unique position in this charming historic city. Ireland’s ‘second city’ is a lively cultural hub with an opera house, independent art galleries, museums and theatres, vibrant nightlife and a growing craft beer scene and hosts several festivals throughout the year – notably culinary, music and film. Additionally it boasts a thriving foodie scene centred on the famous English Market and is ideally placed for visits to kiss the legendary Blarney Stone, the historic fishing town of Kinsale and the rest of Ireland’s ruggedly beautiful southern coastline.
Restaurant & Bar
24h Room Service
Swimming Pool & Spa